The University Foundation programs (IJMB/JUPEB) is an Advance level program that qualifies students for 200 Level admission in any desired university both in Nigeria and Abroad. The program was designed to promote academic excellence and most importantly, to serve as an alternative route to university education.
Noteworthy is that 80% of the students that successfully enroll for the (IJMB/JUPEB) usually secure 200 level admission to desired course and university as the certificate is accepted in ALL universities.
- PROVEN: Annually about 30,000 applicants enroll for the program and more than 22,000 candidates secure admission into 200 level in their choice of university and course easily. Consequently, the stress and cost of applying for JAMB with close to 1.7 million applicants where just 500,000 hopefuls are admitted into 100 level is avoided. THE DIFFERENCE IS CLEAR!
- APPROVED: The programme is approved by the Ministry of Education as an alternative platform for securing university admission into universities in Nigeria and outside without UTME.
- CERTIFIED: By NIGERIA UNIVERSITY COMMISSION (NUC) as an A’ level programme that qualify students into 200 level in the university upon successful completion of the programme. CHECK JAMB BROCHURE TO CONFIRM.
- ACCEPTABILITY: IJMB is accepted in over 80% of Nigerian universities and even abroad. Also, IJMB certificate does not expire. Click here to see universities that accept IJMB.
* To source superior students for the University degree programs and reduce the high rate of dropouts from the Universities.
* To ensure adequate preparation of eligible secondary school graduates for university work.
* To enhance analytical and independent learning abilities and promote the intellectual development as well as oral and written skills of students.
The duration of the Programme of courses for the Board Examination is a minimum of one year academic session of two semesters.
To be eligible to take examinations leading to the award of JUPEB/IJMB Direct Entry Certificates, the candidate must have been exposed to an intensive scheme of academic work relevant to his/her proposed university course.
Each candidate must register and write Examinations to satisfy the Board in three subjects and General Studies courses relevant to the proposed course in any of the universities.
The programme is an intensive coaching curriculum aims at ensuring adequate exposure to fundamentals of concepts and preparation of eligible students for University Direct Entry admission and a good head start for university work. Admission is based on merit and entry requirements and in proportion to the admission quota of the University for the various faculties.
The certificate obtained by graduates of the programme will be tenable in several universities in Nigeria and some foreign universities
Mode of Study
Face to face contact at Full Time and Part Time, Monday to Friday every week.
Applicants for admission into JUPEB/IJMB Programme must possess a minimum of 5 Credits at maximum of two sittings in at least 5 subjects (inclusive of English Language) relevant to the candidate desired course of study in the University. We also accepts awaiting result.
Below is a detailed explanation of how points are computed in IJMB;